TOP 10 REASONS TO BUY A PS WOOD MACHINES' SCROLL SAW
10. Both saws have "constant tension parallel arms" which means that both arms move up and down together.
9. Both saws are belt driven, meaning our saw speeds are changed by rolling the belt up and down the pulley, thus allowing the same power to be maintained from the motor all the time (a rheostat saw actually speeds up or puts drag on a motor which may cause the motor to bog down or burn out).
8. Our 21" saw has one of the largest table on the market. When working on big projects, it's much easier to work on the big surface so your wood is not hanging over the edges.
7. A safety feature on our saw is that the upper arm pops up when a blade breaks so the arm does not continue to chop at your hand or project.
6. Everything about changing our blade is done above the table. Our newest Quick Change is fast and easy. After getting accustomed to your new saw, blade change can be done in approximately 15 seconds.
5. Saws are made from casted aluminum, except for the arms on the 14" which are made from extruded aluminum.
4. 21" saw has 5 speeds and in addition to wood can cut metals, glass, plexiglass, corian, bone, etc. 14" has 3 speeds and is a powerhorse for wood, but doesn't slow down as much as needed for glass or metal.
3. 5 YEAR UNCONDITIONAL WARRANTY!
2. Virtually maintenance free - bronze bushings are self-lubricating and ball bearings are sealed. Lubrication only occasionally needed on upper & lower barrel washers.
1. 21" machined and assembled in the U.S.A.
14" totally manufactured in the U.S.A.